My life through my Scrapbooking Layouts

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Class page

Hello again

I have another page to share....this time another one of my son's wedding......a layout that I created for a recent class that I taught to a group of very enthusiastic ladies - I got some great feedback from them and hope to be able to see them all again soon for another class....

Here is the layout that we did....


I used the grey cardstock as the background and dry brushed it with Winsor & Newton Iridescent Medium.  This product leaves a gorgeous shimmer to anything that you apply it to - I'm not sure if you are going to be able to see it around the border but I also applied it to the Spellbinders flower and also the lettering on the tag.  A bottle costs about $12 but it lasts forever!!  Even after using it in the class with a dozen ladies, it has hardly made a dent in the bottle.  Try it....you will just love it. 
The two patterned paper are the Kaisercraft After Five range being Waltz & Tuxedo.  I used the "plainer" side of the Waltz paper to make the artisan shape - it has a faint pattern on it but I didn't want to use the busier side as the Tuxedo paper is certainly that.

The pearl flourish is one that we made with the Bazzill Jewel Flourish template - these templates are fantastic - we all have lots of adhesive pearls and rhinestones in our stash and some of the pre-made flourishes, while beautiful, can be a bit expensive to use on our layouts...so why not purchase yourself a Bazzill template and make your own.  There are two templates in each pack and a few designs available that you can custom create your own flourishes using all or part of the design - there's no struggling with trying to stick a pre-made flourish on to your page (and everything else) and no sticky clear tape shows through either - just pure bling!!  I do have these available for $12.95 a set (plus postage) - if you wish to purchase a set, please email me at amealin@optusnet.com.au and we can arrange it.  This is what they look like:-

The adhesive pearls are from Flourish with a Bling and are great value as they contain 100 pearls/rhinestones per pack. We had a few left over by the time we finished this page so they certainly went a long way.

The layout has some gorgeous cotton lace and some more bling in the way of the Kaisercraft pearl brad and the triple pearl pin at the back of the hearts.  All in all I was quite happy with the layout.  

Thanks for looking, Ann :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment